Google

Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Thanksgiving

Well, it's finally over. I cooked for 2 1/2 days and loved every minute of it! Since cooking is one of my favorite things in the world you have to know that Thanksgiving has to be my favorite holiday. It's all about food and sharing.

Our guest were my brother and his girlfriend, my son and his girlfriend, my daughter and her son and my friend who lives across the street.

The menu was, rosemary roasted turkey, honey and orange glazed ham, cornbread stuffing, roasted garlic mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, green beans, corn, deviled eggs, fish dip, pumpkin pie and apple pie. There is more but, I can't think of it right now. LOL

My daughter brought an apricot brandy cake that was to die for. I think my boys got drunk on it. LOL My neighbor prepared the green bean and the corn for me. She even brought over her own slivered almonds for the green beans and sweet pepper for the corn! She doesn't have much money so, that's why I just wanted her to help instead of bringing something but, there ya go, she brought something anyway. My brother brought chips and cokes and my son and his girlfriend brought cheesecake.

Needless to say, we all ate till we thought we would pop!

No comments: